Sunday, March 26, 2023

Tasting-La Garnacha Salvaje

Name: La Garnacha Salvaje
Variety: Garnacha
Region: Aragon
Country: Spain
Year: 2019
Price: $15

Winery Review
A wine that is surprising due to its roundness and youth. After 5 months of aging in new French oak barrels, this wine expresses all the qualities of the Garnacha in this area of the Ebro Valley. A fruity, fresh and sweet tannin wine capable of satisfying the enthusiasts of this variety. It is a bright garnet colored wine with great depth. While featuring tobacco and wild berry aromas, its freshness and mineral qualities mix resulting in a surprising wine that due to its roundness and youth.  https://www.mtouton.com/products/spain/ribera-de-queiles/97070-2019/proyecto-la-garnacha-salvaje-del-moncayo 

Wine Folly
Wine Folly describes Grenacha/Grenache as having primary tasting notes of Stewed Strawberry, Grilled Plum, leader, and died herbs. In my tasting, I noticed dark fruit notes, along the lines of plum, as well as some spicy/herbaceousness. 

My Review
The wine was a very dark ruby, and was almost entirely opaque. I got notes of dark cherry and plum on the nose, as well as very sweeet notes of dark fruit on the palate. The wine had a medium body with good balance of tannin and acid. I had this wine by itself with no other food. I enjoyed this wine, as I have most of the Spanish wines I have tried. I would enjoy having this wine again, but I think I will branch out from Spanish reds for my next few tastings.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting-Puianello Primabolla

Name:   Cantina   Puianello Primabolla Variety:   Lambrusco Region: Emilia Country:   Italy Year:   2020 Price:   $12 Winery Review A soft, ...