Sunday, March 12, 2023

Tasting-Palacio Del Burgo Tinto

Name: Palacio del Burgo Tinto
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2018
Price: $8

Tasting Notes
Palacio del Burgo Tinto is a perfect example of Rioja Tempranillo. Deep cherry red color with violet tones. Intense fruity nose of blackberry and liquorice over sweet aromas of mocha. The taste is vibrant with smooth tannins and a long-lasting sensation.
Serving suggestions: best enjoyed with red meat and Spanish tapas at 14-15 degrees C.

Wine Folly
The Wine folly describes the primary tasting nots of Tempranillo as notes of cherry, fig, cedar, tobacco, and dill. I defiantly detected the cherry and fig notes, but not so much of the others.

My Review
The wine was a dark ruby with medium opacity. On the nose I got rich notes of dark fruit, specifically dark cherry. I also got some secondary notes of coffee or chocolate, similar to what is suggested in the tasting notes. On the palate, I got notes of raspberry, cherry, and red/dark fruit. These flavors were somewhat muted, and my friends described the wine as tasting like someone imagined what a red wine should taste like. The muted flavors combined with mild tannins and acid made the wine relatively light bodies.
I liked this wine, but it was not interesting enough to really get my attention. I likely wouldn't have this wine again. I drank this wine without any other food. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting-Puianello Primabolla

Name:   Cantina   Puianello Primabolla Variety:   Lambrusco Region: Emilia Country:   Italy Year:   2020 Price:   $12 Winery Review A soft, ...