Sunday, April 2, 2023

Tasting-Puianello Primabolla

Name: Cantina Puianello Primabolla
Variety: Lambrusco
Region: Emilia
Country: Italy
Year: 2020
Price: $12

Winery Review
A soft, lush, super fruit-forward version of sparkling Italian red, it's like a true effervescent dark grape juice. Low acid, semi-full feel, low alcohol. entirely crushable. It'll be your go-to instantly.

Wine Folly
Wine Folly describes Lambrusco as having primary flavor of strawberry, and blackberry, along with rhubarb and hibiscus. I definitely detected some of the red and black berry flavors, but not any of the rhubarb or floral notes. 

My Review
This was a sparking red wine, which I was particular excited to try, as they aren't very common and I always like myself a bubbly beverage. The wine was a dark ruby, with the bubbles being difficult to see given its opacity. On the nose I got strong aromas of plum and red fruit, along with the sharpness of the bubbles. On the palate, I found the wine to be medium bodied, with the bubbles being subdued and with a good balance of acid and tannins. I got strong flavors of raspberry and blackberry. Overall I enjoyed this wine. Of the few sparking red wines I have tried, this is so far my favorite. 

I drank this wine by itself, without any other food. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting-Puianello Primabolla

Name:   Cantina   Puianello Primabolla Variety:   Lambrusco Region: Emilia Country:   Italy Year:   2020 Price:   $12 Winery Review A soft, ...