Sunday, January 29, 2023

Tasting- Reserve du Naufraget Vauvray Chenin Blank

Name: Reserve du Naufraget Vauvray Chenin Blank
Variety: 100% Chenin Blanc
Region: Loire Valley
Country: France
Price: $17.00
Year: 2020

Description at Store
Produced from 100% Chenin Blanc This off-dry wine gives a sweet sensation with a dry finish on the palate. A concentration of rich flavors develops fruity aromas such as orange peel, honey and ripe quince. It has a great long finish with a slight honey taste. Delicious!

Wine Folly
Page 241-Chenin Blanc 
I got notes of honey and tropical fruit, as mentioned. I also noticed the mild body and alcohol that is characteristic of the variety. This wine fell more into the "lean and dry" category mentioned in the book. The wine was served chilled from the refrigerator, maybe a bit colder than suggested. 

Page 511-Loire Valley Chenin Blanc
I noticed the floral (honeysuckle) notes mentioned for the Loire region. 

My Review
I enjoyed this wine. Medium-straw color with notes of honey, flowers, and tropical fruit. I specifically noticed pineapple. Light mouth feel and low alcohol taste but with strong acid. Finish is long with a hint of sweetness. I would have this wine again. It fits well into my taste, not too dry and not too sweet. 

The wine was served by itself with no food.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting-Puianello Primabolla

Name:   Cantina   Puianello Primabolla Variety:   Lambrusco Region: Emilia Country:   Italy Year:   2020 Price:   $12 Winery Review A soft, ...