Sunday, January 29, 2023

Tasting- Baglio di Pimetto Catarrato

Name: Baglio di Pimetto Catarrato
Variety: 100% Catarratto
Region: Sicily DOC
Country: Italy
Year: 2021
Price: $15

Winery Review
Sensory Profile
With its straw yellow colour, our Catarratto displays forward notes of citrus and blossoms, enriched with fragrant lemon zest, orange blossom, and jasmine. On the palate, a zesty acidy complements full, rich flavours.

Pairings
This is the perfect wine to pair with seafood, as well as with poultry, veal, and grilled vegetables


Wine Folly
This varietal is not mentioned in the latest edition of Wine Folly, so I gathered information from winefolly.com instead

Winefolly.com
I definitely noticed the dryness and tartness first. I also got notes of peach and apple during my tasting, but didn't expressly notice the lemon or or honey that are mentioned.

My Review
The wine was golden in color with medium viscosity. This translated to a slight tinge of alcohol on the palate, accompanied my medium tartness as well as light fruit and peach notes. This wine was more dry than I generally prefer, and its flavor was somewhat muted. Through the wine was pleasant, I would not buy it again. 

The wine was served alone without any food.   





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting-Puianello Primabolla

Name:   Cantina   Puianello Primabolla Variety:   Lambrusco Region: Emilia Country:   Italy Year:   2020 Price:   $12 Winery Review A soft, ...