Sunday, March 12, 2023

Tasting- El Cortijillo

Name: El Cortijillo
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Castilla/ La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2021
Price: $6

Winery Review
Up front aromas of raspberry and cherry fruit, medium to light weight, Rhône wine in character, cherry fruit flavors, followed by bright acidity. Reminds of a mythical cross between a Pinot Noir and a Côtes-du-Rhône. Pleasant and fun, bistro red.

Wine Folly
I detected some notes of red fruit, such as cherry, in this wine. I also detected some spice, which I described as black pepper, but could so be described as tobacco, cinnamon, or some of the other secondary tasting characteristics.

My Review
This wine was a medium-dark garnet color which was entirely opaque. On the nose I got hints of spices initially, such as pepper and cinnamon. I also detected scents of red fruit, including cherry and raspberry. On the palate, I detected some slight notes of tree fruit, such as apple or pear, along with more prominent notes of cherry and red fruit. This wine had good tannins and acid, giving it a medium body. I like this wine better than the Palaci del Burgo Tinto I tried earlier, but it still didn't stand out to me. I drank this wine without any other food. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting-Puianello Primabolla

Name:   Cantina   Puianello Primabolla Variety:   Lambrusco Region: Emilia Country:   Italy Year:   2020 Price:   $12 Winery Review A soft, ...