Sunday, February 12, 2023

Tasting-Principe

 

Name: The Prince Charming Blue Frizzante Verdejo wine
Variety: 100% Verdejo
Region: Rueda
Country: Spain
Year: Unknown
Price: $10

Winery Review

This wine, The Prince Azul Frizzante Verdejo, like all white Verdejos has a tropical fruit flavor. It is a soft and very pleasant wine thanks to its carbonic touch. Its aroma is tropical and with a touch of floral notes. In view it has a bright blue color, very attractive to take at night in summer. Its content in alcohol is very low (7º), reason why its consumption in summer is very pleasant.

Wine Folly
I noticed the honeydew and peach mentioned in the book. This wine was very sweet, so I didn't notice the sour lime or fennel notes. 

My Review
The wine is aggressively blue, with light body and slight carbonation. On the nose, I got some notes of apple and pear, but no hint of alcohol. On the palate, the wine was very sweet, with notes of tropical and light fruit. Pineapple and pear come to mind. 

I found this wine to taste good, but it doesn't taste like wine. It is very sweet, with none of the complexity or secondary flavors that I am used to experiencing with wines. It reminded me of drinking Kool-Aid with a hint of vodka. I personally would not buy this wine again, but I can see how it would appeal to some people.

This wine was served alone without food.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting-Puianello Primabolla

Name:   Cantina   Puianello Primabolla Variety:   Lambrusco Region: Emilia Country:   Italy Year:   2020 Price:   $12 Winery Review A soft, ...