Sunday, February 12, 2023

Tasting-Casas Del Bosque Rosé

 


Name: Casas Del Bosque Rosé 
Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
Region: Casablanca Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2020
Price: $9

Winery Review

Pale pink in color with an orange hue, showing classic aromas of strawberry and redcurrant complemented by floral notes and a hint of cedary oak. Elegant and refreshing in the mouth, with bright red fruit flavours, decent weight and some minerality through the clean finish.


Wine Folly

Pinot Noir is more commonly made into full red wines, while this is a Rosé. I smelled and tasted some of cherry and raspberry notes, and detected some of the earthy mushroom notes described in the text. 

My Review

The wine had a rusty pink color, with a light but earthy nose. On the palate, I tasted light notes of red fruit, along with some earthy, mushroom notes. This is the first Rosé that I have tried, so while I liked the wine, I'm not sure how it compares to other Rosé style wines. Overall I liked it, and I am anxious to try more wines of a similar style.

This wine was served alone without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting-Puianello Primabolla

Name:   Cantina   Puianello Primabolla Variety:   Lambrusco Region: Emilia Country:   Italy Year:   2020 Price:   $12 Winery Review A soft, ...