Sunday, February 5, 2023

Tasting-Abelis Lui


Name: Abelis Lui Crianza   
Variety: 100% Tempranillo
Region: Toro
Country: Spain
Year: 2018
Price: $20

Winery Review
Rich and layered, with aromas of elderberry, black plum, and eucalyptus. The palate is concentrated and complex, full of dark fruit, with hints of chocolate, spice, and aromatic herbs, supported by earthy minerality and bold, chewy tannins.


Wine Folly
I noticed the cherry and fig, along with slight cedar notes mentioned in the text. Specific to aged "Crianza" wine, I noticed some of brown sugar, but didn't notice any tobacco or dill notes which were described.


My Review
Dark ruby with light edges shows some aging on this wine. On the nose I got notes of Raspberry Danish, as well as notes of cherry and black pepper. The wine had good body and tannins, with notes of spice, chocolate, and red berries. It was decidedly dry with a quick, tart finish. 

I liked this wine, but I found it very complex, with a lot of flavors coming on at once. It was difficult for me to pick out specific flavors, especially during the quick finish. I would like to revisit this wine after I have some more experience.

The wine was served alone without food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting-Puianello Primabolla

Name:   Cantina   Puianello Primabolla Variety:   Lambrusco Region: Emilia Country:   Italy Year:   2020 Price:   $12 Winery Review A soft, ...