Saturday, February 18, 2023

Tasting-Calazul

Name: Calazul
Variety: Albarino
Region: Rias Baixas
Country: Spain
Year: 2021
Price: $10

Winery Review
Lemon green wine, with golden hues ,clear and bright with intense fruit flavor highlighting pear, apple and peach. On the palate it shows an integrated acidity on the whole, thick, and very balanced. The freshness of pome fruit is wrapped by the smoothness of the stone fruit, which gives the whole great harmony, releasing crisp sensations and finishing fresh and clean.

Winefolly
My tasting did align particularly well with the Winefolly text. I got some slight notes of lemon zest and nectarine, but none of the other flavors mentioned. 


My Review
The wine was a dark gold and a bit cloudy. On the nose, I got hints of apple, pear, and some slight earthiness/saltiness. On the palate I got strong notes of apple, pear, as well as a light, lemony finish. This wine was light bodied and refreshing. I liked this wine and I am interested in pairing it with a seafood dish in the future.

This wine was served alone, without food.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting-Puianello Primabolla

Name:   Cantina   Puianello Primabolla Variety:   Lambrusco Region: Emilia Country:   Italy Year:   2020 Price:   $12 Winery Review A soft, ...