Saturday, February 18, 2023

Tasting-Baron Herzag Chenin Blanc

Name:
 Baron Herzog Chenin Blanc
Variety: 100% Chenin Blanc
Region: California
Country: USA
Price: $10

Winery Review
The grapes used to produce this wine originate from California's famous Clarksburg appellation. It displays all the wonderful elements characteristic of this varietal. Specifically, this wine exhibits intense fruity notes of gooseberry, white peach and nectarine. To experience the intense, fresh fruity aromas and flavors, Baron Herzog Chenin Blanc should be enjoyed young and chilled. Best served with veal, poultry, Oriental dishes or alone as an aperitif.

Winefolly
Winefolly mentions primary flavors of yellow apple and pear, which I notice myself. The book also mentions honey and chamomile, which I didn't notice 
My Review
The wine had a light to medium straw color, and was mostly clear. On the nose I got some earthy notes as well as hints of light fruit. On the palate, the fruit notes came out, with notes of apple and clementine standing out to me. The wine was light bodies, with a quick, slightly bitter finish. I liked this wine, but it didn't stand out to me, so I will probably not get it again. 
The wine was served alone with no food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting-Puianello Primabolla

Name:   Cantina   Puianello Primabolla Variety:   Lambrusco Region: Emilia Country:   Italy Year:   2020 Price:   $12 Winery Review A soft, ...